WOCAL in Leiden (June 7-12, 2021) will feature the 5th consecutive workshop devoted to sign languages in Africa. Main workshop page here (programme & more info coming in early 2021)). This workshop is organized by the WOCAL Committee on African Sign Languages.
We invite abstract submission for presentations and posters on all subjects associated with sign languages of Africa. To apply, see the main conference Call for Papers. Submissions in sign language on video are welcome, but to submit a video abstract, please follow the directions below.
Instructions to submit a video abstract:
- Sign in to WOCAL 10 conference in EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wocal10 (you must create an EasyChair account if you don’t have one)
- Fill in required information: name, email, country, organization, title of presentation
- In the Abstract box, type in: “VIDEO”
- In the Keywords box, type in your preference: “paper” or “poster”
- Ignore the request to upload paper/PDF.
- Click Submit button.
- Email your video abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accepted languages: ASL, LSF, International Sign
- 5 minutes or less
- Email video by deadline: November 30, 2020
- You will receive an email confirming that the video was received. If you do not get a confirmation, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Notification of acceptance status will be sent by January 31, 2021.